Baroque Music Festival 2020
This is a non-competitive, non-judged event, held in the format of group recitals. Join us for a fun evening meeting famous Baroque composers in costumes, making your own wig, and playing on a harpsichord.
- Solos and ensembles are both welcome.
- Original compositions, arrangements or transcriptions are acceptable.
- Memorization of solos is encouraged, but not required.
- Each entry is limited to a maximum performance time of 6-7 minutes. One long piece or several short ones may be performed in this time frame.
- Any composer of the Baroque Period is acceptable.
- Teachers may accompany their students if desired.
Check out Leila Viss' website here, for great ideas to get your students excited about the Baroque period and music. Her program “Go Baroque” offers materials for teachers and students in your studios.