Student Day - LIVE EVENT!
When: Saturday, May 8th
Where: Pensacola Christian Academy
Cost: $30 per entry
- Registration Sheet: Saturday, April 17
Use the google document linked here
or click here for the spread sheet
- Check and Examination Sheets due by Friday, April 23rd
Can be dropped off or mailed to:
2045 Tujaques Place
Pensacola, FL 32505
*If mailing please postmark by April 21st
- Online exams must be completed by 10pm on Saturday, May 8th
- Results and awards will be available Monday, May 10th (time and location TBA)
Link to Guidelines and Examination Forms: Password is Aria
Email any questions to Debbra Pope at email@example.com
1. The Written Theory and Aural Theory exams will be taken online (no additional cost - specific details regarding how to access the tests will be sent after registration closes.)
2. The playing portion will be live at Pensacola Christian Academy in large rooms where distancing is possible.
3. We are offering a video audition option for those not comfortable with or able to do a live audition.
4. There is no teacher fee this year and lunch will not be provided.
5. We will not have our Honor's Recital this year
1. How long and where will parents wait during their child's audition?
The cafeteria will be available and is large enough to allow for distancing. Hand sanitizer and surface cleaner will be available. We expect wait times to be shorter this year since only the audition is taking place at PCA. These auditions generally take 15-45 minutes depending on the level of the student.
2. Are masks required?
Masks are encouraged in areas where distancing is not possible but they are not required. The audition spaces are large with high ceilings and the adjudicator will be more than six feet from the performer throughout the audition.
3. Will pianos be cleaned between each participant?
Students will be asked to use hand sanitizer both before and after their performance. Pianos and other high touch surfaces will be sanitized regularly.
4. What will the online tests be like compared to the tests that have been used in the past?
The goal of the test designer was to duplicate the paper test as closely as possible.
5. What if the teacher disagrees with how a test question is graded?
The Student Day Chairman has the ability to make adjustments to the grade if needed. Test results are automatically emailed to the chairman.
6. Will students be able to take the test more than once?
No, just like the live event, students will only be able to take the test one time and they need to complete each test in one sitting. It is possible to take the Written Theory test and the Aural Theory test at different times.
Instruments available: Piano, Strings, Woodwinds, Brass, Voice, Guitar, Pedal & Lever Harp, Percussion, Organ, and Chromatic-Free Bass Accordion.
Student Day Resources
Sue Colvert, Dianne Garvin, Sandra Greenland and Peggy Shaw have compiled a wonderful resource for teachers and students. Their packets will lead you through preparing for Student Day with practice tests and a tape. They are sold by levels. For information on how to order, contact Music Masters at (954) 752-2856 or 4111 Northwest 79th Avenue, Coral Springs, FL 33065. Click to view/print the Music Masters order form.